Business Agreements

ADAMS MORGAN’S GREAT RESTAURANTS AND BARS draw thousands of visitors to the neighborhood each week. KCA weighs in on matters affecting Adams Morgan residents when the city’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Board decides whether to grant new licenses to businesses that want to serve alcohol, or when the Board renews or allows substantial changes to existing licenses

When a restaurant, bar or nightclub has a history of problems, KCA can protest the renewal or change of a license. A formal protest can lead to a settlement agreement between KCA and the business owner on matters such as hours of operation and noise control. The Adams Morgan Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC-1C) often joins KCA in these agreements.

Noise and Other Complaints: If you have complaints about a bar or restaurant, call the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Agency (ABRA) at 202-442-4423 during business hours on weekdays, or 202-329-6347 between the hours of 7 p.m. and 3 a.m., or on-line at can also call the police. Please let KCA know so there will be a record of complaints when an establishment’s license is up for renewal.

Recent Posts